Inman Square in Cambridge is home to the Superior Market, a small Portuguese convenience store on the corner of Cambridge and Tremont streets. I never paid much attention to this store because there's five or six others like it in the area, but one day I noticed that their window display was filling up with Nintendo games. The owner's son cleans and refurbishes NES, SNES, N64, Atari, and Playstation games and systems, selling them for fairly reasonable prices. Complete systems with two controllers and a game go for sixty dollars. He also sells the NES with just one controller and no game for forty-five dollars. All of the original Nintendo systems have had the 72 pin connector replaced and come with a thirty day guarantee. The prices of the games seem to reflect current eBay prices. Common NES and SNES games start at five dollars, and more rare or desirable items range from ten to twenty bucks. I don't know if his pricing system is perfect, but the Superior Market is certainly one of the only places in the area to buy this stuff. I'm not sure what the hours are at this place. One time I went down on a Monday afternoon and the doors were locked, so if you're coming from far away I would suggest calling first.
Superior Market
1190 Cambridge St
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 661-1918
Oh Hai
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment